The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) has created a lot of confusion and concern across all of our communities. There is nothing more important to us than the health and safety of our families, so Hoosier Warriors would like to share what our owner and staff are doing to keep members safe. We have a standing policy mandating a high level of cleaning measures in our gym. Some of these steps you are likely aware of, while others happen out of sight from members.
The latest update from the Governor and Health Department requires us to adjust how we are operating again. Please know right away, as a small business, we are doing whatever it takes to remain open to cover expenses as well as taking precautions to protect our members and staff. Our plan for the remainder of the year is as follows;
* Continue to be within sanitation guidelines.
* Continue to keep our classes, events and occupancy under 25 people in attendance including staff.
* Continue to take temperatures before class and will not allow anyone with a temperature over 100.0 to stay.
* Continue to require Warriors to wash their hands before allowed on the floor/equipment and after class.
* Continue to disinfect the equipment, lobby and bathrooms between classes and events.
* Continue to encourage social distancing in class and keep stations spread out as much as possible.
* Continue to keep thorough attendance records and contact information for contact tracing if needed.
* Continue requiring that anyone showing signs of illness or known to have close contact with a positive case not enter the facility.
* Begin reducing class sizes based on age and ability to keep distance between Warriors.
* Reduce the 50 minute classes back to 45 minutes to allow more time for the lobby to clear out and be sanitized between classes.
* Do not allow anyone in the building more than 5 minutes before class or 15 minutes before an event.
* Return to having the doors open as often as possible.
* Request that families, parents and guests do not come inside to observe classes from the lobby. Please drop your Warrior off at the door and wait in your vehicle or run errands if needed. We will call you if there is an emergency.
* Require mask to be worn by anyone entering the building. Please send your Warrior in with a mask on and remain on in the lobby. Once their temperature is taken, they may remove it or keep it on. We will leave this decision up to each family.
* Recommend the Warriors and staff wear a mask when not doing physical activity, such as temperature check and lobby interaction. Mask are not required during the class to ensure clear communication between staff and Warriors.
* Report any close contact of positive cases in class. We are fortunate that this has not been the case to date.
* We will not hold the annual Christmas party this year, however, we will organize a gift exchange between classes. More details to follow.
* We will be putting together home gym Christmas package options for holiday gift ideas! More details to follow.
We are concerned about the rise in numbers also. We feel it is equally important to keep the kids active to keep them healthy, physically and mentally. We understand and support the decision you make for your child and family during this time. We will remain open and ready to serve your family as long as we are able, while being as cautious as possible.
Before you come into class
• Gym staff disinfect all obstacle course equipment, heavily used mats, any objects that have been used and all surfaces in the gym. This includes door handles, the gym floor, transition areas, and seating. In addition, business equipment, and desk surfaces are being wiped down with sanitizer as well as common areas.
• During this time of increased concern, staff has been directed to redouble these efforts. We have instituted an aggressive gym cleaning routine between classes. We are allowing additional time between classes to ensure we have time to thoroughly disinfect.
• The staff will evaluate all students as they come in, to ensure that no one who is demonstrating symptoms of the Coronavirus is admitted into class. This will include having their temperature read with an ear or forehead thermometer that has been sanitized. The CDC considers a person to have a fever when he or she has a measured temperature of at least 100.4 degrees, therefore anyone with a temperature over 100.0 will be asked to leave.
• All staff members will have their temperature checked at the start of their shift. Staff members with a temperature over 100.0 will not be admitted.
• Students and staff members are being directed to wash their hands thoroughly before and after each class or event.
• Students and Families can help by limiting the materials you bring into the lobby, lobby keeping water bottles closed and washing your hands before class.
• No shoes will be worn for Parkour class at this time.
• We ask that people more vulnerable or at-risk for COVID-19 as identified by the CDC—including those who are over the age of 60 or those who have chronic medical conditions—take extra precaution and refrain from entering the facility at this time.
• Due to limited space in our lobby we ask that you do not bring any extra people or spectate during classes at this time. This will help us greatly with our social distancing protocol in the lobby.
• We have made hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes available throughout the gym. Please use these.
During your class
• Please try to keep plenty of space between you and the person in front of you while waiting your turn at stations.
• Our staff will NOT be required to wear masks or gloves. Wearing a mask will muffle their voices and make it extremely difficult to communicate directions, which could lead to injuries.
• Please be mindful and don’t touch your face or others.
• Again everyone will be asked to wash their hands before they leave the gym floor.
After your class
• Our gym uses professional cleaners to regularly come and perform a deep cleaning of the gym and all the equipment. During this time our gym has increased the frequency of these cleanings.
As we all work together to push through these challenges, know that nothing is more important to us than the health and well-being of our Hoosier Warriors family. We will continue to monitor this situation closely, as we have for the past several weeks, and we will update as new information becomes available. We are here for you and we will continue to take precautionary measures to keep you and your families safe.