The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) has created a lot of confusion and concern across all of our communities. There is nothing more important to us than the health and safety of our families, so Hoosier Warriors would like to share what our owner and staff are doing to keep members safe. We have a standing policy mandating a high level of cleaning measures in our gym. Some of these steps you are likely aware of, while others happen out of sight from members.
Before you come into class
• Gym staff disinfect all obstacle course equipment, heavily used mats, any objects that have been used and all surfaces in the gym. This includes door handles, the gym floor, transition areas, and seating. In addition, business equipment, and desk surfaces are being wiped down with sanitizer as well as common areas.
• During this time of increased concern, staff has been directed to redouble these efforts. We have instituted an aggressive gym cleaning routine between classes. We are allowing additional time between classes to ensure we have time to thoroughly disinfect.
• The staff will evaluate all students as they come in, to ensure that no one who is demonstrating symptoms of the Coronavirus is admitted into class. This will include having their temperature read with an ear or forehead thermometer that has been sanitized. The CDC considers a person to have a fever when he or she has a measured temperature of at least 100.4 degrees, therefore anyone with a temperature over 100.4 will be asked to leave.
• All staff members will have their temperature checked at the start of their shift. Staff members with a temperature over 100.4 will not be admitted.
• Students and staff members are being directed to wash their hands thoroughly before and after each class or event.
• Students and Families can help by limiting the materials you bring into the lobby, lobby keeping water bottles closed and washing your hands before class.
• No shoes will be worn for Parkour class at this time.
• We ask that people more vulnerable or at-risk for COVID-19 as identified by the CDC—including those who are over the age of 60 or those who have chronic medical conditions—take extra precaution and refrain from entering the facility at this time.
• Due to limited space in our lobby we ask that you do not bring any extra people to spectate during this time. This will help us greatly with our social distancing protocol in the lobby.
• We have made hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes available throughout the gym. Please use these.
During your class
• Please try to keep plenty of space between you and the person in front of you while waiting your turn at stations.
• Our staff will NOT be required to wear masks or gloves. Wearing a mask will muffle their voices and make it extremely difficult to communicate directions, which could lead to injuries.
• Please be mindful and don’t touch your face or others.
• Again everyone will be asked to wash their hands before they leave the gym floor.
After your class
• Our gym uses professional cleaners to regularly come and perform a deep cleaning of the gym and all the equipment. During this time our gym has increased the frequency of these cleanings.
As we all work together to push through these challenges, know that nothing is more important to us than the health and well-being of our Hoosier Warriors family. We will continue to monitor this situation closely, as we have for the past several weeks, and we will update as new information becomes available. We are here for you and we will continue to take precautionary measures to keep you and your families safe.